Arizona Grand Resort & Spa Expands Sales Department with Seven New Hires
Arizona Grand Resort & Spa has added seven new members to its sales team who will be responsible for group meetings and events of all sizes originating from the Phoenix metropolitan area as well as nationwide.
- An Arizona State University graduate, Matt Demirjian recently specialized in sales reporting analysis and revenue management for Sheraton Downtown Phoenix Hotel and will handle sales opportunities for the eastern United States at the Grand. He previously held positions at The Phoenician Resort and Sheraton Wild Horse Pass.
- Philip Lavigne most recently was corporate sales manager at the Westward Look Resort in Tucson as well as other properties in the valley and St. Louis, Mo., area. He will use that experience as a destination sales manager specializing in customer property inspections at the Grand.
- Andrea Zavala, who was featured as Wedding Magazine’s top Caribbean wedding planner, has worked in sales for top resorts in Vail, Colo., and Orlando, Fla. Andrea will focus on association sales out of the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast markets.
- Deborah Academia spent two years in Hawaii at the Grand Wailea Resort & Spa before relocating to The Phoenician Resort to handle small group business. Deborah will be responsible for building the Grand’s western U.S. corporate business.
- Aparna Sharan comes to the Grand from the Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group Worldwide, where she was the business development specialist and an industry expert in uncovering new business. She has worked with nine different hotels and resorts throughout Florida and Texas and will call Dallas home in this new role.
- With nearly 15 years of service as the associate director of sales at the Grand Geneva Resort & Spa in Lake Geneva, Wis., Crystal Boisvert brings a wealth of knowledge about the Midwest and East Coast markets. Crystal will develop the Resort’s association business out of the West coast, Midwest and Northeast markets.
- Michael Van Liew, a Northern Arizona University graduate, most recently spent more than two years as national sales manager at the Sheraton Crescent Hotel in north Phoenix and the three previous years in the same capacity at the Greater Phoenix Convention & Visitors Bureau.
With more than 50 years combined sales experience in the hospitality industry and at high volume hotels, the new sales team members will focus on various regional and demographic efforts to recruit groups of all sizes to hold their meeting and events at the 740-suite Arizona Grand Resort & Spa.
About Arizona Grand Resort & Spa
Arizona Grand Resort & Spa is located on 164-beautifully landscaped acres at the base of the spectacular South Mountain Preserve and boasts 640 residential-style suites and 100 luxury Villa accommodations. The AAA Four Diamond rated resort completed a $52 million redesign to enhance the property including all guest suites, main lobby, spa, golf course and restaurants.
A member of the Preferred Hotels® & Resorts Ultimate Luxury Collection, Arizona Grand Resort & Spa offers the 7-acre Oasis Water Park, a challenging 18-hole golf course, six unique dining venues, the full service Arizona Grand Athletic Club & Spa and 117,000 square feet of meeting and function space, including a 20,000-square-foot exhibit pavilion.
Arizona Grand Resort & Spa is managed by Classic Hotels & Resorts (CHR), an affiliate of Grossman Company Properties (GCP). GCP is one of the premier commercial and residential developers in the western United States. During the past 50 years, GCP has built, developed and managed more than 14 million square feet of high-quality properties, including Arizona Biltmore Resort & Spa, Biltmore Fashion Park, Inn at Laguna Beach and the Phoenix Spectrum Mall. Additional information is available at www.ArizonaGrandResort.com, www.ClassicHotels.com and www.GrossmanCompany.com.
For more information on the Arizona Grand Resort, or to arrange an interview or fact check a story, please contact:
Debbie Kellam Director of Marketing
8000 S. Arizona Grand Parkway, Phoenix, AZ 85044